Huntsville Fair 2013

Well yesterday was our big day at the fair that I had been looking forward to!  (Actually, evening at the fair.  Our fair is so tiny it only takes about an hour or two to see everything lol.)

Of course, we got a funnel cake.  It was SO good!  But I totally forget to take a picture of it.  Oh well, just trust me.  :)
I have become a bit of a bore in my "old age" as I cannot stomach even the tamest of fair rides anymore.  But I can take pictures!
This is my sister and her hubby!  They were so kind as to let me snap a picture.  I was a little sad because Ben had to work last night and couldn't come with me, but I had plenty of company with my sister and Mom!

My favorite part is the animals.  They are so much fun to watch!
Beautiful goat.  Me wants!
He's kinda cute... just sayin'....
You all know a big part of the fair I was excited for was the chickens.  I was hoping to purchase a few to add to our flock.  Well, unfortunately, there were hardly ANY chickens for sale this year!  I was sad.  But I desperately need a new rooster and just happened to find this lovely Phoenix fellow for sale.  Thank goodness!  Can you imagine what lovely babies I will have mixing this guy with the Spitzhaubens?  I can't wait to see the results!
Also, my sister decided she couldn't live without this terribly cute bunny rabbit.  She is planning to pick him up tonight and take him home.  I am excited to get some more shots of him, as this one doesn't do his cuteness justice at all!  (Also, I have no idea if it is actually a him or a her.)
Well, that sums up our fun time at the fair!  I will be bringing my beautiful Phoenix rooster home this evening so hopefully I can snap some pictures of him tomorrow to share.  Let's hope for an easy transition for he and our current chickens!
Good night fair!

Comments

  1. Sounds and looks like a great time! ..sad no funnel cake pic though...lol. I love fairs! Congrats on the new rooster! Looks like a very pretty one! Very cute bunny also! I can't believe I haven't bought something from a fair yet...haha.

    Very nice blog! Great photos and stories! Looks like you are gatherin' some very nice critters! I'm jealous of the geese and realize I forgot geese on my list...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah yes, geese. They are real characters. So glad to connect with you and I'm excited to keep up with your new blog!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures! And sounds like a great evening at the fair! The rooster is very handsome, I can't wait to see the new babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see how anyone rides any rides at the fair, and I love riding them normally. After all that junk food, most of us are ready to vomit without getting on a single ride. :)

    As always, your photos are wonderful.

    Can't wait to see how that rooster does in his new home. I'm expecting lots of photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to get my camera and get out there!! He is such a beauty. But they are all free-ranging at the moment so I may have to wait until this evening!

      Delete
  4. I love fairs! I've never been able to decide if it's the people, the lights, the rides or the palpable excitement. My great uncle owned a traveling carnival and it was always great fun when they came to town, as I got unlimited ride tickets. Woohoo!

    I've never seen a fair that had animal, though. That rooster is gorgeous, so I hope you'll be gracing us with pics later on. And that bunny? Too cute for words. Have a great Sunday, Lana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Unlimited ride tickets? Woo! Fun for you!!

      Delete
  5. I love small little county fairs! And I didn't need a picture of the funnel cake. I could smell it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm just thinking of it makes me so hungry!

      Delete
  6. Hooray for the new rooster! He is a handsome fellow. Now I'm craving funnel cake.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new rooster and rabbit. The fair looked like SUCH a good time! Now I want a funnel cake...thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh fun! I too want funnel cake but deep inside I always do LOL! :) You are right that is one terribly cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts