Here are my "10 Things of Thankful" (Inspired by Lizzy from The Considerer) for this week:
|This pic encompasses a lot of the things I am thankful for: My hubby, nature, hands, people, friends, and sun!|
I am terribly thankful for:
1. My hubby. He puts up with a lot sometimes! Imagine being married to a girl who sometimes sees the world in a tad too negative light, a girl who has approximately 3,897 odd idiosyncrasies, and dreams of one day running her own petting zoo. Well, that's me in a nutshell and I have always been a hard one to keep up with. But he has done a wonderful job at always being there and understanding, even when I don't get why I feel the way I do!
2. Nature. One of God's glorious gift to mankind. Having recently gone camping, the smell of cedar and pine and the feel of the cold creek is still fresh in my mind. For me, no luxurious mansions or fancy food could ever compare with it.
3. Hands. I am thankful for my hands, and I wish sometimes that I put them to better use. But because of them I have a job, can turn the pages of a book, or pet my animals and all sorts of other useful things.
4. People. Yes, me, the socially-awkward and have been since forever, is thankful for people. Conversations, smiles, body language. It really is all so interesting. Everyone has a story - one must only listen for it.
5. Water. Since the heavy rains have come and gone and left us again dry, my thankfulness for water is remembered again. Without it, we would not be. I love the sound of a trickling creek or a rushing rain storm. Water is wonderful!
6. Homemade items. Homemade jam, patchwork quilts, hand sewn dresses. Such simple things but made with the care and concern no factory can ever replicate.
7. Bed. I love sleep, it is no secret. I am so thankful I have a comfy, cushy bed to dive into for a nap or a nightly snooze. Actually, as I sit here typing this I am pretty sure my mind is already there. Haha!
8. Friends. We are all thankful for them, but they can never be mentioned enough. I could never make it through the tough times (or even the funny times) without wonderful, caring friends.
9. Sun. I know it is really hot and dry right now for most of us, but I am still thankful for the sun. I always miss its warmth when dark, gray winter rolls in. I am not ready for summer to leave just yet!
10. Cleaning. I am not able to clean as much as I would like, but when I get the chance it is so therapeutic. If only I could keep up with it with everything else that is always going on!
That does it for my 10 things this week. It has been a really good week and I am just feeling particularly thankful this week and wanted to share. What are you thankful for?