10 Things of Thankful

It has been a WHILE since I have had the pleasure of doing a "10 Things of Thankful" post!  I am glad to get a go at it again.
Ten Things of Thankful


Lana's 10 Things of Thankful

1.  I am thankful for blogging.  This may seem an odd way to start my list, but I really am.  You see, the little one day a week job I had working from home on Mondays has just been eliminated due to cutbacks.  Are we gonna make it by?  Yes, by the grace of God and my husband's uncanny ability to make end's meet no matter what.  But I am gonna miss my Monday job, and it really hit me the other day that it is just gone now.  Bye-bye, out the window, adios.  And then I thought... hey!  Why don't I get back to blogging again?  I always loved it, and it will keep my busy and connected to others in a way I desperately need after seven 24-hour days with my precious baby boy!

2.  I am thankful for the aforementioned husband.  No matter what he always makes sure things work out for us.  He definitely "brings home the bacon".  He works hard at it, too.  He currently has two jobs and is enrolled in online college courses.  He also occasionally preaches at church, gives a guy he met at work a ride to church, and even does some graphic design on the side when he can squeeze in a free moment.  He is also a wonderful father to our baby and an amazing husband to me.  Did I mention he brought me home a box of chocolates the other day for no reason?  That is the kind of man I married.  It still floors me that I married this kind of man, to this day.  I got LUCKY!!
3.  I am so thankful for our baby boy.  The "Littlest Farmer" just grows and grows every day, and it is just the most awesome thing ever to watch him learn news things and understand new things.  Being a mom is the best.  I never dreamed I would love it this much, but I do. Our little boy is such a sweet baby, too.  He sleeps 12 hours at night, is starting to nap like a champ, and is usually always smiley and talkative.  I could not have asked for a better baby!!

4.  I am thankful that all of my family members have their health.  Sometimes I get frustrated that cars are breaking down left and right, faucets are dripping, job positions are being cut, and that sometimes things just don't go as planned.  I get down sometimes thinking about what isn't working and I fail to realize that we are a lot better off than most people simply because we have our health.  We can run and play and garden and all sorts of other wonderful things because we are healthy enough and strong enough and for that I am SO thankful.

5.  I am thankful for church and God.  Sometimes I have a lot of questions in my mind, but I am thankful that God is patient with me and so are His children.  I have moments of doubt and frustration, but He is still there.  That is always a great source of comfort to me.  Sometimes it is so hard for me to understand that I am part of something SO much bigger than just me and my problems that, at the time, feel so huge.  

6.  I am thankful for my motley crew of chickens, dogs, cats, and pony.  Lots of people don't understand pets and the therapy they can provide in stressful times.  Just looking after them, seeing them scamper to and fro when I feed them, brushing them, just generally taking care of them is my hobby.  I have always enjoyed it and been thankful for it.  It is a blessing.

7.  I am thankful for each and every day.  Every day has something in it to treasure, to appreciate, to love and cherish.  Every smile from my husband, every giggle from my baby boy, a snowflake or a song.  Life is precious.

8.  I am thankful for pictures.  One of my favorite things to do right now is look over pictures taken from when our baby boy was born, or pictures from right after we brought him home.  I printed out a big picture book for the year 2014 here recently - it included my maternity pictures and the Littlest Farmer's delivery pictures right down to his first Christmas photos.  It is pretty much the best thing I own right now.  I LOVE it!!
9.  I am thankful for family and church get-togethers.  These are kind of the same thing for me because I consider my church family to be as close as blood family.  Hearing each other laugh, just enjoying each other's company is great stuff!!

10.  I appreciate my blog readers.  Some of you don't realize how much you've helped me keep going when I thought I was over blogging.  I am glad to say I am far from "over it" and ready to embrace it once again!  Here is to a year of lots of blog posts in the year 2015!!

Comments

  1. Welcome back to blogging and TTOT! I can see why you'd be in love with that baby! How beautiful is he!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - he is a gorgeous boy, and I am not one bit biased. Heehee!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you included all of the photos. He is getting so big! I would have sworn you just had him.
    I'm sorry to hear about the job cut, but I'm glad I'll be seeing more on the blog.
    Welcome back to the TToT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, you have always been such a loyal reader! You're a sweet woman. ;) I am so glad to be back to TToT!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to the TToT (TToT motto: hey! wait a minute! who said clark could make up a motto?! wait til Lizzi finds out!)
    excellent photos… we don't get many collies (photos of) around the TToT… good looking dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SEEYA!

      We HAVE a motto, don't we? Ummm...

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Clark! I do love my collies so. I will have to include more shots of them in the future for TToT!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Dana. It is nice to meet you. Your list is filled with joy, it jumps off the pages. Hope to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val! I am glad you can feel the joy jump off the pages, as that is just how my heart feels. I am so blessed! I definitely hope to see more of you all as well!

      Delete
  5. Lana Lana LANA I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF YOU JUST TODAY! Ohmigosh I'm SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK

    I can't even :D *dances*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that has totally been my new favorite saying lately: I can't EVEN!!

      I have thought of you SO many times myself and am very glad to step into the blogosphere once again. It is a rather fun place to be and I have missed it!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back to the TToT and hooray for your renewed excitement and efforts for blogging! I went through a bit of that uncertainty about the blog and it was my readers - many of whom are regular TToTers - who encouraged me to stick it out.
    Your list is just beautiful, Lana, and hooray for all of it! Things have a way of working out as they should. The job thing stinks, of course, but who knows what is around the next corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! Yes, I think you are right. Maybe this job thing coming to an end is marking a new beginning for me - if so, I am excited to see what the future holds! :)

      Delete
  7. I loved reading this list. You are so blessed and I'm glad to have met you through blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Christina! I am so glad I have gotten to know you also and think of you often! :)

      Delete
  8. I really love blogging as well and while I'm sad for you that your Monday job was cut, I'm glad that you have something so meaningful to fill that time with. And yeah, Health. It trumps so much doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I have to remind myself of that quite often, until I get sick and remember just how valuable it is!!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! I love the feel of this post. Your baby is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Lana! It's good to see you back blogging again. Your little farmer is ADORABLE! Congratulations!
    #4 on your list is my favorite. We feel sorry for ourselves sometimes, too, but we don't have to look very far to see people who are so much worse off than we are.
    A man who brings you chocolates for no reason is definitely a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dyanne!! Yes, he is a keeper indeed! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts