Lana's 10 Things of Thankful
1. I am thankful for blogging. This may seem an odd way to start my list, but I really am. You see, the little one day a week job I had working from home on Mondays has just been eliminated due to cutbacks. Are we gonna make it by? Yes, by the grace of God and my husband's uncanny ability to make end's meet no matter what. But I am gonna miss my Monday job, and it really hit me the other day that it is just gone now. Bye-bye, out the window, adios. And then I thought... hey! Why don't I get back to blogging again? I always loved it, and it will keep my busy and connected to others in a way I desperately need after seven 24-hour days with my precious baby boy!
2. I am thankful for the aforementioned husband. No matter what he always makes sure things work out for us. He definitely "brings home the bacon". He works hard at it, too. He currently has two jobs and is enrolled in online college courses. He also occasionally preaches at church, gives a guy he met at work a ride to church, and even does some graphic design on the side when he can squeeze in a free moment. He is also a wonderful father to our baby and an amazing husband to me. Did I mention he brought me home a box of chocolates the other day for no reason? That is the kind of man I married. It still floors me that I married this kind of man, to this day. I got LUCKY!!
3. I am so thankful for our baby boy. The "Littlest Farmer" just grows and grows every day, and it is just the most awesome thing ever to watch him learn news things and understand new things. Being a mom is the best. I never dreamed I would love it this much, but I do. Our little boy is such a sweet baby, too. He sleeps 12 hours at night, is starting to nap like a champ, and is usually always smiley and talkative. I could not have asked for a better baby!!
4. I am thankful that all of my family members have their health. Sometimes I get frustrated that cars are breaking down left and right, faucets are dripping, job positions are being cut, and that sometimes things just don't go as planned. I get down sometimes thinking about what isn't working and I fail to realize that we are a lot better off than most people simply because we have our health. We can run and play and garden and all sorts of other wonderful things because we are healthy enough and strong enough and for that I am SO thankful.
5. I am thankful for church and God. Sometimes I have a lot of questions in my mind, but I am thankful that God is patient with me and so are His children. I have moments of doubt and frustration, but He is still there. That is always a great source of comfort to me. Sometimes it is so hard for me to understand that I am part of something SO much bigger than just me and my problems that, at the time, feel so huge.
6. I am thankful for my motley crew of chickens, dogs, cats, and pony. Lots of people don't understand pets and the therapy they can provide in stressful times. Just looking after them, seeing them scamper to and fro when I feed them, brushing them, just generally taking care of them is my hobby. I have always enjoyed it and been thankful for it. It is a blessing.
7. I am thankful for each and every day. Every day has something in it to treasure, to appreciate, to love and cherish. Every smile from my husband, every giggle from my baby boy, a snowflake or a song. Life is precious.
8. I am thankful for pictures. One of my favorite things to do right now is look over pictures taken from when our baby boy was born, or pictures from right after we brought him home. I printed out a big picture book for the year 2014 here recently - it included my maternity pictures and the Littlest Farmer's delivery pictures right down to his first Christmas photos. It is pretty much the best thing I own right now. I LOVE it!!
9. I am thankful for family and church get-togethers. These are kind of the same thing for me because I consider my church family to be as close as blood family. Hearing each other laugh, just enjoying each other's company is great stuff!!
10. I appreciate my blog readers. Some of you don't realize how much you've helped me keep going when I thought I was over blogging. I am glad to say I am far from "over it" and ready to embrace it once again! Here is to a year of lots of blog posts in the year 2015!!