Deal Huntin'!

Oh boy, these are some of my favorite posts!!  I just love going on a good garage sale hunt with my family, especially when I find great deals.  And today I sure did!  Here are just a few of the items I purchased below...
Books!!!  I love books.  We bought all of these classics for a total of $1.35!!
A great pair of rubber boots for me to wear in the chicken pen.  Listed for $7.50, bought for $5.00!
Pet crate in GREAT condition.  Listed for $10, bought for $5!!
This is the purchase I am most excited about - the bar stools.  Listed at $30 (a deal in and of itself) and bought for only $15!!!  Woo hoo!
Amount spent today on the above items:  $26.35
Amount saved by asking for a lower price:  $22.50 (In other words, the total I spent on the above items would have been $48.85 if I had not asked for a lower price!) 
Amount saved by buying used instead of new:  $250 at least!  It is hard to know exactly how much I saved since I don't know the exact prices of everything new.  So, I just went online and tried to determine what the going price was for all of the items listed.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.  What a fun time we had!

Comments

  1. YEA for you! I love garage sale treasures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome deals! I love bargain hunting. We were doing the same thing this weekend, but my purchase was a little bigger and heavier than yours. It's probably one of the craziest things that we've ever done. If you want to see how we literally moved a mountain, head on over to my newest post. Hope you'll stop by and say "hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome deals. The bar stools, especially - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great deals - all of them... but I have to agree, awesome find on the bar stools!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargains, Lana! I love a good rummage through second hand stalls and car boot sales!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts