Some Time Away

Our family has been crazy busy with everything from sudden bouts of horse illness to car and air conditioner break downs to the stresses of finding a new job and a host of other things.  Last weekend we were too busy with life to give Dad a good Father's Day so we decided to celebrate this weekend.  We all needed some time away from the craziness that is life, so we packed up some fried chicken and all the fixins and headed to our favorite camp spot - Shores Lake.

First up, we had a WONDERFUL time swimming in a great spot we found in the creek.  Jake had such a blast!  I was so glad he enjoyed it so much... I felt like he really deserved a special treat after living with chickens day in and day out without eating a single one!  He's such a good boy.  :)



Then we took a little hike down a back road.  I snapped a few pictures of the flowers and Ben took a few pictures, too!
Hiking!
Mimosa tree.





At the close of our beautiful day, we fixed up some cold chicken sandwiches and had a little picnic on the side of Shores Lake.  It was so pretty!!  A truly relaxing way to spend a Saturday.




Oh how I love the great outdoors filled with all of God's creations!

Comments

  1. I've been away and feel like I've missed out on your life! I love your pictures. It is so good to just take a day out of every day life and enjoy God's creation. Glad you guys had some time to relax among the stresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I have missed you and hope you enjoyed your time exploring this caverns last weekend. :) We did have a wonderful time and I want to go back soon!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place to hike! Nothing like that here in Indiana. We get excited about a couple of hills and creeks at the state parks, but that's about it. Of course, your pictures are fantastic, and really make me want to visit Shores Lake! The dogs are adorable, and so happy to be out in nature, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of my favorite things about "getting away" is getting to take pictures of new and different things. Jake and Arwen were thrilled to get some free time in the wide open spaces!

      Delete
  3. Looks beautiful! I love Mimosa trees. All the pictures are gorgeous. Glad you had some away time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too! I really want to plant one near our home.

      Delete
  4. Aww love the picture of Shalin! Ornery dog but gotta love her! Saturday was a great day at Shores Lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. I wish we could do it more often!

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun!! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lana, If you get an unsubscribed notice, don't worry...I have moved my favorite blogs over the BlogLovin so I'm now just unsubscribing via email to clear out my bogged down email inbox. I am not going anywhere :-)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so sweet for letting me know. :) I actually didn't get a notice, so no worries! Bloglovin' is so easy to use and fun - I know you'll enjoy using it! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts