Tomatoes! It's Hot!

Between applying and accepting a new Medical Transcription job and horrid internet problems, my posting has been rather sporadic lately!  It may be like this for a while longer until I get everything settled down, so just bear with me.  

I did want to say that I harvested our first ever tomato of the 2013 season!  It was DELICIOUS!  Nothing is as good as a home grown tomater.  Naturally, I gobbled it up in secret.  The selfish girl that I am, I didn't even share!!  Shame on me!

Anyhow, more tomatoes are coming along on the ol' tomato vine really nicely.  I hope our mean summer doesn't beat down on these tomatoes too hard because I want tons of tomatoes!

Lookin' great!
 It has been sooo hot lately.  The humidity and the temps are starting to make us fry!  We are hoping for some rain soon... Everything is still green but a few more weeks of this and things are going to start dying fast.  
 
HOT!!
Stay cool everyone!!  Have a great day!

Comments

  1. It's getting hotter here, too, but nothing unbearable. And we've had rain, so all is well. The garden is growing quite nicely, but we haven't been able to harvest anything but lettuce yet.
    Nothing wrong with the gardener eating the first tomato. It is payment for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm and it was sooo good!! :D I got a little spinach but most of it bolted and turned sour. Yuck!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I think I would have eaten my first tomato in secret too! I love tomatoes! I did get my first zucchini this week. I fried it up for dinner. I haven't had fried zucchini in years. It was wonderful! I should have eaten it in secret too because their I could have eaten my portion and my hubbies!

    Congrats on the new job. Hope all settles down for you soon. Try to stay out of the heat. We are getting hit hear in AZ as well. Monsoons hurry up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything settles down soon, too - I am ready for a break! We were hoping to get some rain last night but it passed us right up. I am hoping and praying we get some in the next few days... we need it bad before the grass starts to die and hay prices go back up!

      Delete
  3. Your tomatoes look gorgeous! We haven't had a ripe one yet, but I did harvest my first zucchini yesterday and we ate it tonight with dinner. Yum! I have quite a few green ones on the vine, so it's just a matter of waiting. Congrats on the new job and hope things settle down a bit. I totally understand with the internet....we have satellite internet and it's awful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum that sounds great! Oh satellite internet is rough. I have tried it before and could never get it to give a decent connection! Hopefully my internet woes have passed with a little computer cleaning. We shall see!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lana, I'm a big fan of your blog, it's great to meet another fellow farmer! I nominated you for the Liebster award, head on over for more details: http://mivasophia.blogspot.ca/2013/07/award-i-won-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts