Breakin' Records Over Here...

Well, well, well!  Look what we woke up to this morning!

I know for some of you that live way up in the northern parts of the world this is a common sight this time of year, but for Northwest Arkansas we have made a new record!  According to arkansasmatters.com "the latest accumulating snow on record in Arkansas was 0.2 inch at Corning on April 24, 1910. The latest trace of snow was in Fayetteville, Gravette, and Harrison on April 30, 1903. Today's snowfall sets a NEW record."  Yes, that's right folks, snow in May!  With garden beds full of veggies and Mrs. Potts and her brood thrown in the mix.
Chicken prints in the snow!



No one was really to impressed with the snow this morning, including myself.  The chickens didn't even want to come out!  This is a stinky picture because I couldn't get the camera to focus, but you can see the chickens wanted no part of that snow business.  

Mrs. Potts and the babies seem to be doing okay, though I will certainly worry excessively about them until this cold spell passes.
We covered the garden beds in thick straw, so I hope we don't loose any veggies.  They have done fine in colder weather than this so I hope we will squeak by once again!
"Mama, I'm cold!"
Cool weather makes the girls spunky!
"I don't care, as long as I get hay."
We are in for another cold spell tonight, probably with much lower temps.  My fingers are crossed that this is the last of winter's ugly tricks and we shall be done with her for good!
Well, we can certainly say someone has the right idea in all this mess.

Comments

  1. The photos and the captions are hilarious! Hope Mrs. Potts and her babies stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my world! still not enough for a snowman or a snowball fight. Hope your veggies turn out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I hope your chicks and garden make it through this bizarre cold weather okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies and gent! Mrs. Potts has done wonderfully with her babies. They are all looking quite lively and ready to hunt some bugs if it is warm enough tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I don't care as long as I get hay" is my personality. LOL!! I don't believe this is on record but when I was younger my church youth group went to Memphis from Columbia, SC. When we came back home it was FREEZING. We had arrived early so we were waiting for our parents to come get up, the bus left. We actually had snow flurries in the middle of the night (May) and we were waiting out there with summer clothes on. It was crazy. ~TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burr! I can remember some trips I took with the band as a student that sounded pretty similar to your snow story. Fun times!

      Delete
  6. We were sharing your pain in Kansas. Great photos. I think the cat in the last photo definitely had the right idea! TALU

    ReplyDelete
  7. We lived in Arkansas for about six months through a winter. There was a bit of snow one day, and I thought the entire city had lost its mind. Very different reaction to snow in Arkansas than in the snow belt where I grew up.
    Even as a northerner, I would be hopping mad about snow in May.
    Cute chicks you have there. We'll be getting some new ones this summer. I can't wait!
    TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for new chicks! They are so much fun. Yes, we Arkansas certainly freak at the slightest bit of snow. I am sure it is funny to those who are used to feet upon feet of it!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful pictures, especially the cats. It's already hot here in South Florida although sometimes I miss the snow.
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Hope to see you back tomorrow!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/search/label/Tuesdays%20with%20a%20Twist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what your thinkin'! We love feedback.

Popular Posts